I am writing to tell you about a charity scam making millions off generous consumers during the holiday season in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton. It is a very well organized scam. There is a for profit company incorporated as CFE (charity fundraising events). This company (NOT LEGALLY A CHARITY) is owned by BEN STEWART A HUGE KNOWN SCAM ARTIST. They convince local stores to let them set up a folding table for a day or two during the holiday season telling the store manager they will be selling toys for charity and that the proceeds will all be going to charity. Unaware Managers of small retailers agree to let www.charityfundraisingevents.com set up their banners and folding tables Selling toys for 2 days outside or inside their retail space thinking they are helping a good cause. What happens next is out right criminal and disgusting.
The tables www.chairtyfundraisingevents.com sets up inside & outside of co-operating retail outlets have 2 huge plastic bins One is Full to the brim with toys which says Purchase a toy and put it in our donation Bin(this bin has a few donated toy in it only). The stand also says (Small toys $20, Medium Toys $40, Large Toys $60) There is a sign saying all toys and proceeds will go to Underprivaledged Children.
Someone who comes out of the store will stop and donate $20 for a small toy and take it from the full bin and put it into the empty donation bin 3 feet away thinking they did something great for their community and the toy will be immediately donated. CFE then gives the representative at the table 60% comission on the sale of the toy keeps 39% for the company and donates roughly a dollar to charity. IT GETS WORSE. This is the disgusting part at the end of the day. The Manager running CFE events takes the exact same toys that were bought as donations by consumers and hand transferred to the donation bin during the day and re dumps them into the first box for new consumers to RE BUY/RE DONATE the next day, THIS IS PURE THEFT WITH PEOPLE DONATING NEVER BEING AWARE!
In a months time A CFE STAND can RE Sell and RIP OFF consumers donations 8-10 times on the same toy without ever donating the toy till the very end. They basically Re Sell or have different generous people RE BUYING the same toy 10 times as it goes from one bin to the other every day as this fake charity keeps the money (Milions) and donates a few thousand to make things look legit.
Let’s do the math If the stand re sells the toy 10 times and the toy is a small toy which costs$20 then 10x $20=$200. They make $200 off a toy in a month and it cost them $1 to buy from a sweat shop in ASIA because they buy 25,000 toys at a time in bulk. They make $5 million in sales (25,000 toys profiting $200 each because they re-sell them (25,000x$200=$5,000,000). In the end they are donating $20,000 to charities and the toys which cost $25,000 this is a horrible JOKE. Keep in mind they sell the bigger toys for up to $60 so there revenue could be (25,000 toys x$600= $15,000,000). They then show videos of how they donated $1000 to 30 different charities and they make a big difference it’s disgusting. They make a spectacle of it acting like there good people asking for testimonial videos etc. REAL CHARITIES DON’T NEED TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS.
Heads up (salvation army no longer accepts their donations when they found out what was happening from one of the disgusted workers who valued ethics and morals over money and quit. The workers at the stand make $400-600 each a day and obviously have no problem with this because at the end of the month they get to donate there locations 1500 toys which is nothing compared to the million they stole from people. The 1 random charity per location
receives their $1000 cheque and is happy having no clue what’s really going on. A $1000 cheque is given but $200,000 was donated by concerned citizens all they do is smile and take the cheque . CFE chooses high volume retail outlets like grocery stores because people always have cash 90% of the time and nothing is documented. If you check their websites FAQ page you will see that CFE will not issue charity receipts for the people that donate, this is because they don’t want the millions coming in to be documented in any way shape or form……..Please pass this along so more generous people don’t have their money stolen by heartless greedy individuals like Ben Stewart. PS The only person or organization getting a TAX WRITE OFF IS CANADIAN PROPERTY STARS who then donates the 1-2% of CFE's sales and asks the charities they give money to for a Charity receipt they can use to save on their own corporate taxes......The people getting these tax receipts are the generous consumers being dupped by the greedy scam artist Ben Stewart.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Not genuine
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Charity Fundraising Events
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Purchased new swing set for $7,000.00 on 6-13-13 From the start there were safety issues with the set that were not completely resolved until after 9-24-13 as reported to Dealer Kid's..."
- "All the people that complain about their products have been blocked and comments have been erased i have proof along with peoples i have contact with the same situation. I..."
- "I am writing to tell you about a charity scam making millions off generous consumers during the holiday season in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Edmonton. It is a..."
- "I was sent this video and thought I'd link it here as it seems to be an appropriate place for it. You may have seen this type of 'news interview'..."
- "I have placed order number 65151456359488 with AliExpress for O Rings and have received a printer roller instead. I have complained and the complain service approved the complain. AliExpress,..."
- "I ordered a set of 4 rims from CARID in March 2016, I received the wrong ones, not the ones that were written on my order and paid for. I..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."